Posts Tagged ‘miraflores’
If you have been to Lima, most likely you have seen the Larcomar shopping center right on the beach and the Costa Verde (Green Coast, in English) in search of a good ceviche in the Miraflores district.
According to Peru’s newspaper El Comercio, the Costa Verde area will be renovated, and will include:
- A greek amphitheatre with ocean view for approx. 3,000 people
- Two ocean water pools (similar to the ones you might have seen in Portugal) — one for swimming and the other one for families
- Recreational and sports areas, including bike trails
- New access areas (bridge between the hill and the beach area)
- Development of green areas
This project called “La Nueva Costa Verde” (The New Green Coast) will start to be built next year and is expected to be finalized by 2010.
Should be a nice area to hang out if you stay in the hotels nearby the ocean in the districts of Miraflores or San Isidro — two common areas tourists stay at.